Friday, February 18, 2011

Valentine's Day


Hope everyone had a wonderful holiday. I've never really thought Valentine's Day was super important, but I felt blessed this year by having the people I really care about in my life let me know they loved me. My mom always gets us something for Valentine's Day and the boys especially look forward to it. This year they got little stuffed animals and some money, which they are always excited about. My mother-in-law got us all McDonald's gift cards, so they kids and I had our Valentine's dinner there. I bought the dinner and let them get a special treat with their cards (Oreo McFlurries).


Since my husband works 3-11pm most days, we had to go out for lunch instead of dinner and we had a nice time. On Friday before Valetine's the UPS delivery person arrived with a bouquet of mixed flowers for me. The roses, lilies and snapdragons were beautiful and I set them up in their vase to be displayed proudly. On Tuesday (the day after Valentine's), UPS was back again with a beautiful array of lillies. Then on Wednesday, here they were again (they were probably wondering how many boyfriend's I have)! This time there were a dozen red roses. There's been some times in the past where I wasn't sure my hubby had a romantic bone in his body, but he has now proven that to be the farthest thing from the truth. Thanks for making me feel so loved this week!

It's not the gifts themselves that make me feel so loved, but truly the thought behind the gift. The fact that he took the time to think and plan ahead as to how to make me happy is so sweet. I have to admit that I didn't really take the time this year to do something like that for him. He has upped the ante for the years to come. Guess I'll have to start planning for next year...:)

No comments: